Over-the-Counter (OTC) Catalog
Carolina Complete Health members receive $120 per year per member credit for commonly used over-the-counter products such as first aid supplies and cold medicine through CVS.
Eligibility Statement: Eligibility requirements apply. The total cost of items must be less than or equal to the program allowance in order for the items to be shipped. Items may take up to two weeks for delivery. Products may not be returned. OTC items may be ordered for the member only.
Your Carolina Complete Health benefits include a quarterly allowance. Use this allowance to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) items that you probably use every day.
Some of the items that can be ordered are the following:
- first aid supplies
- cold/cough medications
- eye drops
- personal care items
|Carolina Complete Health
|Carolina Complete Health Medicaid
How To Order
You can order the order your benefits three ways:
You can pick up your OTC items at any OTC Health Solutions® (OTCHS) enabled store. To find the nearest location, click here.
How to use your OTC Health Solutions benefits in store:
- Refer to your health plan OTC Catalog.
- Find approved items in your catalog. Only the items listed in your catalog are available through the Carolina Complete Health OTC benefit.
- Go to any OTC Health Solutions® enabled store.*
- Look for the OTCH indicator on the top right of the shelf label and review the SKU number for item eligibility. Items are in the OTCHS section or throughout the aisles.
- Go to any front store register to checkout and give the cashier your Carolina Complete Health member ID card.
- Not all items are available in all stores. If your item is not available, call OTCHS at 1-833-262-6298 (TTY 711) or visit your the Carolina Complete Health CVS OTC Health Solutions website to process your order.
- The regular retail price in the store may vary. For prices that apply when you use your OTC benefits, please refer to the OTC catalog. Item prices cannot be combined with promotional offers or ExtraBucks® Rewards. Not all items will be carried in all CVS® OTCHS enabled stores.
You can browse and purchase products through the CVS OTC Health Solutions website. Follow these steps:
- Create an account on the CVS OTC Health Solutions website.
- Place an order.
To Create an Account
- Choose the "Create Account" button and follow the steps.
- You will need your member ID, date of birth, ZIP code, and current Email address. Each member registering needs to have a separate email address. If a member shares an Email address with a spouse or caregiver who also has an OTC accout, they will only be able to register one account.
- You will need to create a password.
- If you need help to find your member ID, select "Get help locating your member ID."
- If you forget your password, chose the "Forgot Password?" button to make a new one.
To Place An Order
- Once you sign in, your benefit amount and balance will show at the top of the page.
- Search through the available items and add to your basket. Your order total will be taken from your balance.
- Once you are ready to place your order, choose "Checkout"
- You will receive email notifications with the latest status updates as we're processing your order.
- Please review the orders frequency limits found below in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to avoid missing benefit ammounts.
Order Reminder: Orders must be placed by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time of the last day of the quarter. Orders can only be cancelled within 30 minutes after being processed.
You can place an order by phone two ways:
1. By speaking with a Live Agent
Call Carolina Complete Health’s OTC Vendor CVS order line at 1-888-262-6298 (TTY: 711) to place your order. You will need the following when you call:
- Your Carolina Complete Health Member ID card number.
The live agent phone order line is open from Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
2. Using the Automated Phone System (IVR)
You can use the automated phone system 24 hours a day, seven days a week to:
- Place an order
- Track an order
- Cancel an order
- Hear benefit information
- Order a catalog
How to Place an order using the Automated Phone System:
- Call Carolina Complete Health’s OTC Vendor CVS order line at 1-888-262-6298 (TTY: 711)
- Once the system finds your account, enter your date of birth using the MMDD format.
- The system will verify the name and address on the account.
- Please enter the number of the item code.
- Example: If you want to order item “B33 unscented wipes,” you will select “33” and wait for the prompt to confirm the item. The system will read back the item name and quantity and ask if the selection is correct. Please allow the system to complete the statement before making your selection.
- If yes, the item will be added to your cart.
- If no, the system will allow you to edit the item or the quantity.
- Once the order is completed, you will have the choice to review the items in the cart or place the order.
- If you place the order without review, the system will give you a confirmation number and the call will end.
- You can review your order, edit the items, start over, place the order, or speak with an agent.
Please Note: If you choose to speak to an agent, your items will not be saved, and you will have to restart your order.
Things to Remember
- The following items are not covered under your OTC Benefits:
- Food Supplements
- Replacement Items (hearing aid batteries, contact lens containers, etc. when not packaged with an original item).
- Items must be ordered in 1 single order, per calendar quarter.
- You cannot use future allowance amounts when placing your order.
- Any unused allowance amount does not rollover to the following quarter.
- Products in this catalog should be ordered only for the enrolled member.
- All OTC items should only be used as directed. You should talk to your Primary Care Provider (PCP) about how to use these items safely.
Frequently Asked Questions
It can be found on the front of your Carolina Complete Health ID card.
The OTC benefit offers you an easy way to get generic over-the-counter health and wellness items by going to any OTC Health Solutions-enabled CVS Pharmacy® store. You can also order by phone at 1-888-262-6298 (TTY 711) or online at CVS OTC Health Solutions website. You order from a list of approved OTC items, and OTC Health Solutions will mail them to your home address.
You have $30 per quarter.
Your OTC benefit can be used once throughout the quarter if you use the home delivery service,
that is, if you order by phone or online.
Quarterly benefit periods are distributed as follows:
- Quarter 1 (January, February, and March)
- Quarter 2 (April, May, and June)
- Quarter 3 (July, August, and September)
- Quarter 4 (October, November, and December)
Unused benefit amounts do not roll over to the next quarter.
You cannot order more than your benefit amount online or by phone. However, you may go over your benefit amount at any OTC Health Solutions-enabled CVS Pharmacy® store and pay the difference out of pocket.
Not all items are available in stores.
There is no limit on the number of items you may order. You can order up to 9 units per any single item, per quarter. There are some items that have special limits.
Most orders will arrive in less than 7 business days. It may take longer during peak volume periods as well as for orders that have hazardous items. If you have not received your order within 14 days, please call OTC Health Solutions at 1-888-262-6298 (TTY 711).
Orders can only be cancelled within 30 minutes after being placed. To cancel an order, you can use our automated IVR system or talk to an agent by calling OTC Health Solutions at 1-888-262-6298 (TTY 711).
Once the order has been placed, you will receive a confirmation number. Always make sure to receive and keep your confirmation number.
You can use our automated IVR system or opt in to receive tracking information by email or text. Simply advise an agent when placing your order.
Items are shipped via USPS to your home at no charge to you.